Thursday, July 1, 2010

Strength

Photobucket


'I am strong when I am on Your shoulders, You raise me up to more than I can be.'

So much has happened in the week since I arrived. I am now living in a home where the ladies smoke, cuss, and to say the least have 'issues' with nearly everyone and everything.

My sweet little dog Sam has decided to try to become the Alpha male in a house where there already is an alpha male , Bonny, who is much larger than him, though he has a very gentle and patient disposition.

Not so with my ladies.

I have made my room as much as I can 'my space'. Blessed, anointed, filled with 'me'..and I'm thankful to my Aunt for giving me this room.

Seriously though, the journey will not be easy. I have taken Aunt T. to her doc's, and the news is not good which I already knew from the Lord.

I now have research to do on the stages of death and dying. You know, how humans handle the stages. This is for myself as well as 'my ladies', so I can help them with wisdom and understanding, as well as compassion, without letting the strain kill me as well.

I will become the 'caregiver', and I will not desert my Aunt through this season of great need. I have no idea what I will do or how I will handle anything, since I'm not a professional.

I will carry her all the way to the 'Gate', and with Grace to her Savior, whom she has yet to meet. I know I need Him to carry me.

It's very amusing to say the least when I think of how Rebecca watered all those camels way back when, and I think of this a lot in these early days of my own watering. I keep thinking...this watering the camels is a really hard job ! I wonder did she want to grumble with fatigue in her serving ?

Anyway, I am tired, lonely, and feeling overwhelmed with the task at hand, not to mention my grief over loosing my tenacious little Aunt. She's very feisty at 78 , and was busy the other day under the trailer making sure a worker was doing the job at hand the proper way.

I have seen tenderness developing in her as we are facing her future together. So in the midst of the storm, life is breaking in, and I am sure when it is over I will have a tale to tell of the goodness and mercy of my Jesus, and of His saving Grace.

I welcome all prayer and if anyone has insight for me please feel free to pass it along. Thanks so much. God Bless.

(Trenton Journal Sept 28, 2004)