Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day One - Turf Wars

Lord, You know me. You alone see my brokenness. I don't even want to look at it. I really just want to concentrate on Aunt T. and think on her.

There has been so much distraction with the dogs. It upsets me so , that Sam is being so snarly with Bonny. I wanted everything to transition smoothly.

Photobucket Photobucket


I am so naive sometimes. I love my dog, and feel bad for putting him through this , but perhaps in the long run he and I will be ok.

I need you Jesus to cover me, give me wisdom and to help me to 'shut up'. Forgive me Lord for being snarly and critical, for allowing myself to get entangled by the deceiver who wounds so effectively with the tongue.

I give you once again , my heart , my mind, my soul, my mouth. Lord, God on my frame is my desire. To serve and to love.

I want to see what You see, hear what You hear. Love the way You Love...unconditionally. I need you my Beloved to carry me through the fire.


'Lend Me thy body, our Lord says. For a few brief years in the body that was prepared for me I delighted to do My Fathers will. By means of that body I came into contact with the children of men --diseased, weary, sin - sick, heavy laden ones.

Those feet carried Me to the homes where sorrow and death had entered; those hands touched leprous bodies, palsied limbs, sightless eyes; Those lips told of my Fathers remedy for sin, His love for a prodigal world.

But I need a body still: Wilt thou lend me thine ? Will you lend me your body that I may tell them that the Light after which they are groping has at last reached them? That the bread for which they have so often hungered is now at their very door ?

I want a heart that I may fill it with Divine compassion; and lips purged from all uncleanness, to tell the story that brings hope to the despairing and freedom to the bound, healing to the diseased and life to the dead.

Will you lend me thine ? ' Yes Lord....Have Your Way in me. I love you.

(Sept.21, 2004)