Monday, July 19, 2010

Library Card

Photobucket


Today I applied for a library card. The library in this little town of Trenton , Quinte West, is new and situated on the beautiful Bay of Quinte.
This town is so small I can walk through the down town area in five minutes. There are no buildings over two stories high, though in the 'suburbs' there is the odd high rise.

There are four thrift stores in the downtown area.
Giant Tiger, a Tim Horton's , and the Farmers market are a few popular spots. I think what I like most is the fact there is water everywhere here. If I had not returned my digital camera I could take pictures, but I did so I can't. It's so beautiful. The leaves are changing and it's not too cold yet.

Another wonder....the parking meters ...25 cents buys you an hour and 15 minutes. You are allowed to use nickels and dimes !!!

One day I went to Walmart which is outside the town actually, and there were NO line-ups ! I was amazed ! I didn't even get lost finding my way around.

Oh yes, the roads are very good....smooth...no pot holes. (but I still miss Winnipeg, though I can hardly believe I am saying that after hating it for so long.) (I know home is where the heart is. Well my heart is with my family and church.)

Last week I drove to Belleville to get an Ontario drivers license. I drove up one of the main streets, saw all the familiar junk food places and found myself saying to SAM (my dog and faithful companion) I really like this place ! There's Staples ! There's Sears...Oh ! a mall...
I know, I know...I need to get a life !

So ....there not a lot to actually do around here. I haven't found a church and don't know if I will. I may get a small job if that's the picture from the Lord...not so sure about all that yet . It all depends on how my Aunt needs me. Not so much right now, but later, definitely.

I joined the library. Took out two books on death and dying. They only allow new first time borrowers to take two.
What I am beginning to understand is dying from the perspective of the patient...not christian books, which is a help since my Aunt is not saved yet.

I am also noticing my own emotional behavior, and it troubles me. I want to 'eat my face off'! Give me chocolate and you will not be killed ! Sometimes a girl needs an eclair !

This very obvious weakness is screaming for attention, so I need to understand what's going on with me, though I have tried not to look at myself. I find I need to understand the behavior patterns I am seeing in my aunt and myself.

The Lord Himself is the only One who knows the plan He has for us in this strange little house, and I want to be seeing and hearing properly. I want no blockage in me that may hinder whatever He has planned.

Lord let Your Grace and Mercy flow like a river from Your Throne into this place. Meet us in our dreams, sing over us as we sleep, and remove the veil of unbelief that blinds our eyes. In Jesus Name. Amen.

(Trenton Journal Oct. 19, 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment