Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mice!

Photobucket

Today I spent most of the day in active warfare. I guess it comes with living in a mobile home in what could be termed the country.

Mice....are not nice....and I don't care what anyone says about them being God's creatures.

We have been having an ongoing problem for a long time now. They have a secret way in and I don't really want to know how they got here, I just want them gone.

I have discovered that mice are very smart.

Once they discover a source of food they tell all their friends. They know how to take the bait off the trap without even springing the thing.
They also run very very fast across the floor.

I watched a movie recently called 'Mouse Hunt'. It was hilarious, and though it did not create and affection for them in my heart I had to admit that I did agree on how very smart they seem to be.

Recently we were able to block off their main dining area, under the kitchen sink. You can buy these large blocks of poison and so we had been generously providing for them what appeared to be steak. Before we had blocked this place, they had very diligently been trying to drag this treasure back to the family for the big feast.

They had actually dragged five large pieces to the back of the cupboard before they realised it was bigger than the door to home. They are smarter than I would have given them credit for ....or maybe not since they kept coming back, trying for take out. They were supposed to eat in and then go home to die.

No...I don't even want to try to make up a spiritual principle here.

They must die ! The thing is I don't know how to kill them and I would rather they just run away from home.

I cannot get a cat because we have two dogs here,and though Bonny sees them he doesn't want them as dinner. This in itself says something since Bonny eats anything he sees, where as my Sam has a more delicate pallet and prefers peanut butter and jam on toast.

This morning they had moved further in to search for superior munchies. I found two large holes on the dog food bags. That was easily resolved by a trip to Dollarama where I purchased 12 large containers to do mouse proofing.

I am and always will be a city girl at heart. I love the country, but if I had my way it would be free from any and all bugs and rodents.

I guess I will have to wait until I get to heaven.....and if there are mice there they would have wisdom enough to stay very far away from God's City Girl.

(Trenton Journal Nov.18, 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment