Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Hammock

Photobucket


This child has found a safe place for a while in her favorite 'friend' the Hammock. She has to share me with all the rest of the family, so her visits are few.

Today she is sad, though if asked she would not know why.

But I know. She is the lost child. She has chosen at this early age to become as small and invisible as possible.

Listen to her heart for a minute.

I'm so scared...scared of the anger and pain that is making mommy and daddy fight so much. I feel like it's because of me. I wish I could be good enough for them, and maybe then they would think I was terrific. I wish they would smile at me when they look at me.

What have I done ?

She lays down in me and I cuddle her close. Though my canvas is old, I'm soft. I rock her gently and whisper promises of comfort and rest. Overhead, the Old Trusty Tree, creaks softly with the rhythm of our swaying. A warm summer breeze caresses tender tear stained cheeks and the sun breaks through to kiss this innocent Sleeping Beauty.

Too soon this one has believed that she must keep these feelings of fear and loneliness to herself, and most of her other feelings as well.

She is trapped. Physically and emotionally.

She is a child who has lost her 'voice'.Where can she flee to? Where can she find a safe place to rest ?

So today , we will hold her close. There are Unseen Angels here, and together we will guard this little lost child. One day she will awaken from the nightmare and meet the One who has chosen her to be His Alone.

Sleeping Beauty has been set apart for Joy Unspeakable and Love will radiate from her countenance. She is an Image Bearer and a Trumpet ! Called to belong the the Great King of Heaven Himself.

Her journey will not be easy but she will know she is never alone. Learning to trust and daring to believe she is loved and cherished will be the biggest challenge. There is Great Grace and Mercy to accompany her through the Furnace of His Love in complete acceptance and abandonment to her Wonderful Jesus.

'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you .
I fashioned you ! You are mine ! My Pearl of Great Price'.


No longer Deserted, no longer Desolate, no longer Forsaken !

I have called you Hephzibah .
(Blog Journey April 13/2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment