Friday, May 15, 2009

That Night the Word of The Lord Came

Photobucket


He came quietly, with determination in His steps toward the silent figure of His Beloved Waiting One.

She lay sleeping, dreamless, exhausted and alone . Evidence of her most recent heartbreak etched vividly upon her brow.

'O afflicted love, lashed by storms and not comforted ', He whispered in her ear. 'I have come. My fair one, come away with Me, the winter is past'

This Living Word made flesh breathed into Beloved a fresh promise and He kissed her into a new awakening.

'Arise, come, My darling, My beautiful one and come away with Me.'

Beloved bowed low before her King in joyful surrender to His invitation.
Fresh Oil for her lamp.New sparkling crimson jeweled slippers, reflecting brilliantly the passionate path of intimacy and love He now set her feet upon.

Radiant garments, dazzling with golden thread set with pearls of purity and holiness. She knew these were cut from the same cloth as His own. As well, a covering mantle of tender compassion and humility designed to keep her hidden and low in the presence of the world she served in His Name.

Joy and Thanksgiving overwhelmed her heart. Their eyes locked in devotion, she heard a new song break forth triumphantly, swirling, rising, carrying them before the Sapphire Throne.

You are my song Jesus ! Show me Your Face. Let me hear Your Voice! You are all together Lovely and I delight to sit in Your Shade.

(Blog Journey feb.1/2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment