Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Who Is This ?

Photobucket


I have been musing lately on the Song of Solomon . Who was that girl ? Who was that little shepherd girl who just happened to catch the attention of the King ?

Who was the woman at the well ? The one who was offered the Living Water. Did she know that God sent Jesus there specifically to encounter her ?

Women who in their own eyes probably considered themselves 'less than'. I too am one of these women. In many ways I can relate to each.

To the little shepherd girl, off by herself most of the time, just doing what she knew was her life. Did she ever imagine in her wildest dreams there was another Life just around the corner?

The woman at the well. I have always identified with this lady. I wonder what she felt like that day ? The story says she had had five husbands, and the man she was living with was not her husband. How had these men treated her ?

What was going on in her heart that day ? How was her home life? Was she loved and cherished ? What did she have to do to have a roof over her head and food on her table ?

Was she soul sick ? Did she have any friends to share her life with ?
Did she pray ? Did she weep in the darkness for deliverance ? Did she dream of a safe place to lay her head ? Did she long for someone to hold her close and do her no violence ? Did she even hope for a different life ? Probably not I think.

Yet He came to the well just to find her !

The beloved shepherd girl knew she was dark. The woman at the well knew she was also dark I think .

I too know that feeling sometimes. Still He draws near . He comes , and He keeps on coming. He chooses the weak things. I'm glad about that . Even in my weakness He considers me lovely.

He sees us with different eyes than the way we see ourselves. That's one of the many things He is trying to get through to me. I need to believe that what His opinion is concerning me is the truth, and agree with Him.

I love that He is so patient with me.Gently whispering profound truth and encouraging me to believe Him. He pierces my heart with the sweet kisses of His Words of loving acceptance and devotion.

I know that I am totally devoted to Him, but do I really know that He is much more absolutely madly devoted to me ? Do I believe this King of Heaven is wooing me and paid the most outrageous price for a bride that has ever been paid ..... ever ?

Do I believe that I am that Bride ? Do You believe that you are also that Bride ?

These are the days of our preparation. Holy Spirit takes us and knows exactly what needs to be accomplished in us. The day is fast approaching and all things are being made ready.

Who is this ? Why it's me and I am lovesick Jesus !
So here I am coming up from the wilderness leaning on my Beloved.

(Blog journey July 26, 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment