Thursday, June 24, 2010

Memories

Photobucket


This is the place where I have written a few stories about. When I was a child I would go to this particular place. I would stand there, where the path leads to the water and call across to my little grandpa. He would then get into his little rowboat and come across to pick me up.

His companionship and his cottage right across the river just behind where those trees are were a haven of peace for me.

This summer while on holiday I went to that happy place. I took my shoes off, walked in to the water, and was stirred deeply with fond and fearful memories.

The fond memories....escape to a place where I knew I was loved.

The fearful...the reasons I needed to run to this place.

This particular day, the Lord stood with me in the water. I prayed, wept a little, and felt the warm sunshine on my face. The Sonshine of promise for a new future, one filled with hope and dreams washed over my heart and soul.

Long moments of remembrance, waves gently washing up my legs. So much peace.

Behold....I make all things new.

This warm day, I was given the grace to release it all. I picked up five small smooth stones. Each represented something I needed to let go of.

Finally. Willingly. ....Goodbye ...to past sorrows, those things that had still been shadows within me, still having some influence over me. I cast those from myself, into the River of Life.

I stand now on the shore with Life Himself. Looking forward, leaning on my Beloved.

Photobucket


Tonight I will be packing my computer for the long journey ahead. I hope to be back on line in a couple of weeks. I will miss this journalling, and I am looking forward to the Lord giving me a fresh vision of His Beauty in the days and months ahead.

(Trenton Journal Sept.15, 2004)