Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Today



I woke up this morning with the words to this song by Brian Doerksen swirling in my head. I cannot think of a better way to 'waste' my life than on Jesus.

As I have become more and more detached from the material things of this life, something wonderful has begun to happen.
As my apartment is emptied of 'stuff' that I cannot take with me on my journey, there is a familiar 'Voice' I am hearing .

A deeper awareness of His Nearness within me. The Voice of my Beloved, speaking to me the little things that a Beloved cares about.

I don't always feel His Presence while I am packing and sorting, but just when I am looking for something, I will hear His voice or feel His direction.

He is making Himself very real, and the fact that we are doing this together is what I'm supposed to see.

If you loose your life you will find it. Maybe this is what this is about. The thing is the grace is here, grace to say YES.

He alone gives the grace and enabling to do what He has called me to do. I have very clearly heard the call, and responded to the invitation to go with Him through the Door the this new place.

Today....I choose to follow You. Today, I choose to give my Yes to You.
I love you Jesus.

(Trenton Journal Sept. 11, 2004)